We have been receiving a number of enquiries relating to the Corona Virus and what steps Employers should take. The Advice from Public Health England is set out below.
There are general principles you can follow to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- wash your hands often - with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available. This is particularly important after taking public transport
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid close contact with people who are sick
- if you feel unwell, stay at home, do not attend work or school
- cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment
- if you are worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111. Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment
Anyone returning from China or the other 14 specified countries should t follow the advice here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public#advice-for-travellers
If you are in any doubt, please phone the NHS 111 advice line.